CLC has permitted a small number of individuals to hunt deer at six of our Public Conservation Areas. When visiting these sites during hunting season, particularly during early morning and evening hours, people should wear orange or other bright colors.
Sites with Hunting
- Drowned Lands Swamp Conservation Area
- Greenport Conservation Area – Yellow Trail Closed
- Hand Hollow Conservation Area
- Round Ball Mountain Conservation Area
- Schor Conservation Area
- Siegel-Kline Kill Conservation Area
- Stockport-Greenport Trail (connects Harrier Hill Park and Greenport Conservation Area) goes through NY State DEC land, where hunting is permitted.
2012 Hunting Schedule (as determined by NYS DEC)
- 10/1 – 11/16 Archery/bow
- 11/16 – 12/9 Gun (CLC only permits shotguns)
- 12/9 – 12/16 bow/muzzle loader
CLC recognizes the importance of hunting for management of the deer population and as a traditional recreational use of rural lands. For further information contact Tony Colyer-Pendas at 518.392.5252, ext. 201 or email@example.com.