The Columbia Land Conservancy invites municipalities in Columbia County to apply for small grants in order to support land-use planning, conservation, and other initiatives that enhance and connect communities to natural resources.
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 grant cycle! The deadline for submittal is February 28, 2022; and we expect to announce awards in March 2022.
- The Ancram and Hillsdale Conservation Advisory Councils (CACs) are collaborating with the CACs of New Lebanon and Taghkanic to prepare and print a flier for people thinking about buying land and building homes in Columbia County that will alert them about conservation measure to protect the visual and ecological landscape
- The Town of Clermont will purchase and install a sign at the Route 9 entrance of Hettling Park
- The Town of Gallatin will develop and install an interpretive sign at the newly-formed Gallatin Conservation Area
- The City of Hudson will work with Friends of Oakdale Lake and Friends of Hudson Youth to create and install a trail sign at Oakdale Park, and add information about the trails to a webpage
- The Town of Livingston will develop a community-led citizen science monitoring program to gather water quality data about the Twin Lakes