Love your land? We’re here to help you take care of it.
Taking Care of Your Property
There are several local organizations that are a wealth of expertise about how to best care for your property. If you’d like specific advice about contractors, please contact Heidi Bock at email@example.com or 518.392.5252, ext. 207.
- Agroforestry Research Center of Columbia and Greene Counties – Information about timber harvesting.
- Audubon Society Native Plant Finder – Enter your zip code and find out what to plant for birds.
- Backyard Conservation – Great resources on general conservation activities you can do on your land with your family!
- Columbia County Soil and Water Conservation District – How to manage your soil health, water resources, and agricultural land.
- Community Deer Advisor – How to manage deer.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Columbia and Greene Counties – Information about gardening, recycling, and landscaping
- Gardening for Wildlife – Tips for how you can encourage wildlife to visit your property.
- National Wild Turkey Federation New York – Want to specifically encourage turkeys to visit your property? Find out how here.
- Xerces Society Pollinator-Friendly Plants Lists – Find out what plants will support pollinators!