Farmland conservation tools play an important role in farmland protection and farmer land access. In some situations, working land easements such as the Purchase of Development Rights (PDRs) and donated agricultural easements, and affordability agreements such as Preemptive Purchase Rights (PPRs) and ground leases can be tailored to permanently protect our local farms and keep them affordable for future generations of farmers.
To learn more about these tools, explore the resources below, visit our Farmland Protection page, or read through some of our FARM Stories.
If you have specific questions about how easements and affordability agreements might help you meet your land use goals, please email [email protected] or call the Columbia Land Conservancy’s office at 518.392.5252.
- Columbia Land Conservancy’s Guide to Conservation Easements
- Commentary on Model Ground Lease (Equity Trust)
- Donated Conservation Easements
- Finding Farmland: A Farmer’s Guide to Working with Land Trusts (National Young Farmers Coalition)
- Preemptive Purchase Rights Webinar (NYFC, CLC, Equity Trust, Scenic Hudson, NYSDAM)
- Preserving Farms for Farmers (Equity Trust)
- Purchase of Development Rights Brochure