About the Site
62-acre Borden’s Pond is home to 1.6 miles of forested trails. Though it’s close to the village, Borden’s Pond is home to a diverse wildlife and forest composition, sloping stream-side trails, and wetland and Catskill Mountain views. Click HERE to view the trail map. Borden’s Pond is a great place to:
• Birdwatch and track who you see using the eBird app!
• Hike – trails are easy to moderate and primarily forested
• Enjoy a guided tour using the Vizzit App!
• Join CLC in the Hike Five Challenge by hiking 5 of our 10 Public Conservation Areas and you’ll be eligible to receive a prize!
• Click HERE for more information and to download your entry form!
Map of Trails
In 1997, a group of citizens united to form Borden’s Park Preserve to protect this undeveloped parcel. Through community fundraising and two major grants, the initial 52-acre parcel was purchased in 1998. In 2005, Borden’s Park Preserve transferred the property to the Columbia Land Conservancy. If you’d like more information, you may be interested in reading the brochure about Borden’s Pond, or viewing the Borden’s Pond Master Plan.