About The Site
This 736-acre site within walking distance of Hudson includes 7 miles of trails. Greenport also includes an Access-for-All wheelchair friendly trail. As you explore the park on one of its many trails, take in excellent Hudson River and Catskill Mountain views. Greenport is a great place to:
• Hike – trails are easy to moderate
• Birdwatch and track who you see using the eBird app!
• Cross-country ski
• Now you can enjoy a guided tour using the Vizzit App!
• Join CLC in the Hike Five Challenge by hiking 5 of our 10 Public Conservation Areas and you’ll be eligible to receive a prize!
• Click HERE for more information and to download your entry form!
CLC worked with the Open Space Institute (OSI) to establish the Greenport Conservation Area. In 1992, OSI purchased the original 400 acres, which had been actively farmed for hay, corn, and dairy production. The property was enlarged through additional acquisitions by OSI, and was conveyed to CLC in 2013. If you’re interested in learning more, read the site’s Master Plan or brochure.