About The Site
This site features woodlands, meadows, a lake, two ponds, streams, and wetlands. This variety of habitats makes it a prime location for spotting beavers, otters, black bear, bobcat, and wild turkey as you meander the 2.8 miles of trails or enjoy prime fishing access (fishing is by permit only – stop in to the CLC Office at 49 Main Street in Chatham to get one).
• Hike – trails are easy to moderate
• Cross-country Ski
• Fishing (Permit Required)
• Now you can enjoy a guided hike using the Vizzit App – click here to start the tour from the Route 9 entrance. Click here to start from the Gale Hill Road entrance!
• Join CLC in the Hike Five Challenge by hiking 5 of our 10 Public Conservation Areas and you’ll be eligible to receive a prize!
• Click HERE for more information and to download your entry form!
The Hand Hollow Conservation Area includes a patchwork of former small family properties. It was made possible through the vision and generosity of families who understood the importance of protecting open space and wildlife habitat for future generations. You can download the brochure here.